Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.
Medical Assistant / Patient Service RepresentativeApply Now Job ID ORTH4101 Job Type Full Time - Permanent Department ORTHOPEDICS-200 Home Department Ortho-WF-574 SF Ave.-SSK200160
Summit Medical Group is hiring for an MA/PSR to join our Orthopedics office located in Westfield. This position will be split between the Westfield office and our Berkeley Heights campus. The MA/PSR is responsible for:
- Assists Physician, APN/PA with patient care, patient flow, procedures and clerical duties.
- Responsible for greeting patients/family, scheduling patient appointments and tests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Collects payments from patients, provides account balance, and issues receipts. Posts payments to the correct accounts. Opens and closes batches daily as required, prepares bank deposit bags.
- Answer the telephone promptly and deal with callers needs expediously. Takes an accurate message when needed and delivers to the appropriate individual. Demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Schedules and enters diagnostic tests and procedures into order management system, following all appropriate workflows.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines
- Collects lab specimens according to departmental guidelines. Accurately labels specimens.
- Accurately completes any/all necessary forms for the patients.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- High School Graduate or GED. Bachelor's/ Associate Degree preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required: Please be advised that all SMG Medical Assistants are required to obtain and maintain MA Certification. If you are hired without certification, it is a requirement that you achieve certification through SMG's program within 4 months from the end of the introductory period. Should you not achieve certification in the MA position, you may be subject to termination of employment. You will be contacted by Human Resources or Clinical Services, and also advised of your options regarding eligibility to apply for other non-MA certified positions within the company.
- MA/PSR work experience preferred.
- Must obtain BLS within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.