Phlebotomist - Part TimeApply Job ID 10313450 Date posted 12/22/2018
Summit Medical Group has an opening for a Part Time Phlebotomist to join our office in West Orange. The schedule is 20 hours per week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm and on Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. The Phlebotomist is responsible for:
- Uses appropriate aseptic technique to draw blood cultures.
- Processes Stat specimens according to SMG SOP.
- Prepares collection containers with appropriate preservatives for patients and gives instructions for proper collection of specimens at home (Urine & Stool).
- Properly measures and records a volume for a 24-hr collection.
- Properly collects a COC Urine Drug Screen.
- Properly administers and collects a H. pylori Breath test.
- Properly handles orders on minors.
- Uses the correct procedure for completing paperwork and labeling of specimen for OVH Blood Bank specimens.