Phlebotomist - Part TimeApply Job ID 10313449 Date posted 12/22/2018
Summit Medical Group has an opening for a Part Time Phlebotomist to join our Lab in Teaneck, NJ. This postiion in Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30 am - 11:00 am. The Phlebotomist is responsible for:
- Uses appropriate aseptic technique to draw blood cultures.
- Processes Stat specimens according to SMG SOP.
- Prepares collection containers with appropriate preservatives for patients and gives instructions for proper collection of specimens at home (Urine & Stool).
- Properly measures and records a volume for a 24-hr collection.
- Properly collects a COC Urine Drug Screen.
- Properly administers and collects a H. pylori Breath test.
- Properly handles orders on minors.
- Uses the correct procedure for completing paperwork and labeling of specimen for OVH Blood Bank specimens.