Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.
Medical Assistant - PodiatryApply Now Job ID POD3622 Job Type Full Time - Permanent Department PODIATRY-480 Home Department Podiatry-Piscataway-234 St-SSK480410
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a full time Medical Assistant to join our busy Podiatry office in Piscatawy, NJ. The Medical Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner wither clerical duties.
- Preparing the examination room
- Ensuring proper preparation for the patient visit
- Answering the telephone in an appropriate manner
- Scheduling appointments
- Stocking the examination rooms with necessary supplies
- Obtaining vital signs of the patient
- High School Graduate /GED recipient or diploma from vocational or technical school. Bachelor's/ Associate Degree preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required: Please be advised that all SMG Medical Assistants are required to obtain and maintain MA Certification. If you are hired without certification, it is a requirement that you achieve certification through SMG's program within 4 months from the end of the introductory period. Should you not achieve certification in the MA position, you may be subject to termination of employment. You will be contacted by Human Resources or Clinical Services, and also advised of your options regarding eligibility to apply for other non-MA certified positions within the company.
- 0 -- 1 years of experience.
- BLS certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred