Medical Assistant - PodiatryApply Job ID 10485436 Date posted 01/09/2019
This is a full time Medical Assistant position in our Podiatry office in Piscataway. The Medical Assistant is responsible for:
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Reviews and updates medication list and accurately documents known allergies in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Demonstrates an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures.
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.