Patient Service Rep/Surgical Scheduler - OrthopedicsApply Job ID 10424961 Date posted 01/03/2019
Summit Medical Group has an opening for a full time Patient Service Representative/Surgical Scheduler for our Orthopedics office located in Parsippany, NJ. This position is responsible for:
- Responsible for greeting patients/family, scheduling patient appointments, scheduling hospital and ambulatory admissions/procedures. Ensure appropriate action was taken in a timely manner.
- Answer the telephone promptly and dealing with callers needs expediously. Directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual. Demonstrates appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Schedules future appointments, tests, and completes referrals as ordered by the physician.
- Maintains communication resources, i.e. on-call schedule, MD phone numbers and beeper numbers.
- Prepares charts for new patients assuring all required forms are placed appropriately in the chart. Converts from temporary to permanent record before close of the day.
- Requests medical records and performs chart preparation to provide physician with all information needed for visit prior to the actual exam, evaluation, procedure, or treatment. Prints minimal medical records information needed from electronic record if chart is not available
- Reconciles encounters daily according to policy and guidelines.
- Monitors supply inventory, completes and directs requisitions for supplies, forms, equipment or services.
- Performs various clerical duties including faxing, photocopying, filing and mailings.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information; maintains confidentiality according to policies
- Accurately completes any/all necessary forms for the patients.