Ophthalmology TechApply Job ID 15328615 Date posted 02/13/2020
Summit Medical Group is hiring a full time Ophthalmology Tech to join our growing Ophthalmology office in New Providence, NJ. This role is responsible for:
- Responsible for assisting with patient visits, scheduling appointments/Diagnostic procedures, maintaining the equipment and instruments and ordering supplies.
- Performs analyses of patient, glasses on Lensometer, documents vision test, and performs Visual Fields, HRT, and all other tests as ordered by the physician and contact lens lessons.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Cleans and/or sterilizes equipment and instruments.
- Prepares the examination room, escorts patients into room and cleans room when exam is complete.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to department guidelines.
- Completes referrals according to departmental guidelines.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of tasking in Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Performs appropriate chart prep.
- Communicates to Supervisor appropriately and promptly.
- Reconciles encounters daily according to policy and guidelines.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner, directs call and takes accurate messages.
- Confirms future appointments as needed. Reconciles Televox cancellation list.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Submits detailed accurate records and payments to the accounting department daily.
- Accurately documents allergies and reconciles medication list in EHR.
- High School Graduate/GED / Equivalent required. Vocational / Technical School / Diploma Program preferred.
- 0 -- 1 years experience. 2-4 years experience preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of visions procedures required.
- Knowledge of sterilization processes required.
- Knowledge of vision equipment/instruments required.
- Experience with Ophthalmology equipment/instruments preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with patient care equipment preferred.
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching