Authorization SpecialistApply Job ID 14044991 Date posted 11/08/2019
The Authorization Specialist is responsible for:
- Identifies all appointments and procedures for assigned departments that require authorization by monitoring the schedules, system reports, and dashboards.
- Identifies the referral and authorization requirements of the patients' insurance plans by using various on-line resources according to department workflows.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits, and updates the patient's insurance information as necessary.
- Completes referrals and prior authorizations in a timely manner according to department guidelines and workflows.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Selecting the correct insurance package in athenaCollector
- Updating authorizations and claims to reflect the new insurance package
- Other job duties as required.
- High School Graduate/GED required.
- Diploma from a vocational/technical school preferred.
- 0-1 years experience required.
- 2-4 years experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work under pressure preferred.
- Familiar with JCAHO standards and other regulatory requirements required.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching