Pharmacy Tech - Per DiemApply Job ID 10448950 Date posted 01/07/2019
Summit Medical Group has an opening for a Per Diem Pharmacy Technician to join our Infusion team. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Compound chemotherapy medications using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain cleanliness of compounding areas, hoods, and related equipment.
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous drugs and waste materials.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine appropriate drug measurements for compounding of ordered medications.
- Enter and remove medications into and from the Nucleus system.
- Conduct routine medication inventories including monitoring for drugs expiring, and assist with inventory control of medications in the infusion room, storage room and satellite locations.
- Assist in ordering supplies and medications. Receive and restock medications
- Maintain any necessary QA logs, including (but not limited to) cleaning logs, temperature logs, waste logs, expired & destroyed medication logs, and others.
- Participate in training and orientation of new employees as needed.
- Comply with the Summit Medical Group incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Summit Medical Group training & accomplishments as required per policy.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.