Patient Service RepApply Job ID 11923228 Date posted 05/16/2019
The Patient Service Rep will be responsible for the following:
- Greets visitors, patients, and families in a friendly professional manner and directs them appropriately.
- Maintains an efficient patient flow through the registration process and provides excellent customer service to patients/families.
- Promptly answers the telephone, directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual/demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Informs patients of delay in physician schedules, assists with patient comfort while delayed.
- Posts all self pay charges, collects payments, and provides patient with receipt. Accurately reconciles daily payments. Reconciles billing slips to daily schedule.
- Opens and closes batches properly, accurately reconciles collections, prepares deposits and documents corrections.
- Scans the insurance card, processes insurance verifications utilizing the on-line system, and updates the patient account. Updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Schedules appointments accurately according to department guidelines; using waitlist when applicable. Confirms future appointments as needed. Review Eligibility and Phone report.
- Schedules and enters orders for diagnostic tests, and procedures, following all appropriate workflows.
- Works cooperatively with Patient Care Resources and clinical staff to ensure timely pre-authorizations.
- Completes referrals according to departmental guidelines and properly enters into the appropriate system.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns, or issues to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately and promptly.
General Job functions:
- Performs various clerical duties such as faxing, photocopying, scanning, filing and mailings.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules, covers for other staff when asked including other office locations.
- Demonstrates the ability to adequately follow downtime procedures.
- Other job duties as required.
- Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Surgical Scheduler/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - Plastic Surgery Department United States - New Jersey
- Medical Assistant / Patient Service Representative - Urology United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching