RN Office Supervisor - UrologyApply Job ID 14053511 Date posted 11/08/2019
Summit Medical Group has an exciting opportunity for an RN to join our Urology department as the office Supervisor for our Livingston location. This is a full time position. The Office Supervisor remains hands on clinically in the office while also handling managerial responsibilities within the office. The RN Office Supervisor is responsible for:
- Under the supervision of the Clinical Practice Manager, is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating daily operations to ensure quality patient care.
- Be the liaison between the Physician and staff.
- Provides leadership and support in day to day operations within the clinical setting along with the Pod Liaison, Clinical Coordinator/ Clinical Practice Manager. Serves as a role model and consultant for staff.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator/Clinical Practice Manager, ensures policies and procedures are properly communicated and adhered to. Ensures staff members are competent in emergency protocol and procedures.
- Completes and populates Physician and staff monthly schedules. Maintains the automated schedule. Manage staff PTO requests. Identifies staffing needs in advance, assists in utilizing resources effectively.
- Monitors and controls overtime use. Manages weekly staff swipe reports.
- Coordinates and assists with training, monitoring, and evaluation of staff. Plans and assists in the hiring and orientation of new office staff.
- In collaboration with Clinical Coordinator/Clinical Practice Manager, evaluates clinical staff according to SMG policy and provides ongoing feedback. Conducts an annual performance evaluation including obtaining physician input on each staff member of the department.
- Works with QI/Practice Transformation and Clinical Practice Manager to implement and create action plans for SMG clinical quality improvement process at the POD level. Monitors all Quality dashboards.
- Monitors departmental compliance with all applicable standards (OSHA, HIPPA, Occurrence Reporting); reports compliance concerns; ensures utilization of resources for resolution of issues.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- New Jersey State Nursing License and BLS certification required.
- 2-4 years related work experience.
- Valid Drivers license and Auto Insurance.
- Knowledge of current nursing practices and protocols.
- Previous experience working directly with physicians required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform diverse work assignments with time limitations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use problem solving, critical thinking and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching