Per Diem Speech TherapistApply Job ID 12505981 Date posted 07/09/2019
Summit Medical Group is looking for a Speech Therapist to join our team on a Per Diem basis. We are looking for someone to do afterschool and evenings with a strong pediatric background.The position will likely cover in both the Livingston and Westfield offices.
- Evaluates the patient and establishes goals based on the patient's current speech and language abilities and potential for improvement.
- Evaluates the patient through application of diagnostic tests to assess visual, auditory and receptive language abilities and oral pharyngeal and esophageal swallowing disorders. Instructs the patient and caregiver of the home speech therapy program.
- Modifies materials, the format of the evaluation and diagnostic and treatment response due to cultural/linguistic factors. Instructs other health team personnel in the care of patients regarding the speech therapy program.
- Coordinates speech therapy services with the clinical supervisor and other team members through joint visits.
- Works with other appropriate professionals to coordinate services, goals and plans, and ensure services are provided and continuity of care is maintained.
- Prepares written patient evaluations, progress notes and discharge summaries, and submits within established time frames following departmental and regulatory standards.
- Participates in educational and mandatory life safety programs.
- Participates in assigned performance improvement teams, committees, and other quality improvement groups.
- Provides written instruction for the home care provider.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching