Medical Assistant / Patient Service RepresentativeApply Job ID 9610050 Date posted 10/10/2018
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a Part Time Medical Assistant /Patient Service Representative to join our Orthopedics office located in Livingston, NJ. The hours for this position are:
Monday: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 9am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 9 am - 5:00 pm
The Medical Assistant / Patient Service Representative will be responsible for:
- Assists Physician, APN/PA with patient care, patient flow, procedures and clerical duties.
- Responsible for greeting patients/family, scheduling patient appointments and tests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Collects payments from patients, provides account balance, and issues receipts. Posts payments to the correct accounts. Opens and closes batches daily as required, prepares bank deposit bags.
- Answer the telephone promptly and deal with callers needs expediously. Takes an accurate message when needed and delivers to the appropriate individual. Demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Schedules and enters diagnostic tests and procedures into order management system, following all appropriate workflows.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines
- Collects lab specimens according to departmental guidelines. Accurately labels specimens.
- Accurately completes any/all necessary forms for the patients.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching