Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.
Medical Assistant - General SurgeryApply Now Job ID GSUR3810 Job Type Full Time - Permanent Department GENERAL SURGERY-020 Home Department Gen Surg-LIV-75 E Nrthfld-SSK020200
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a full time Medical Assistant to join our General Surgery department. This position will work in both the Livingston and the Clifton offices. The Medical Assistant is responsible for:
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Reviews and updates medication list and accurately documents known allergies in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Demonstrates an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures.
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- High School Graduate /GED recipient or diploma from vocational or technical school. Bachelor's/ Associate Degree preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required: Please be advised that all SMG Medical Assistants are required to obtain and maintain MA Certification. If you are hired without certification, it is a requirement that you achieve certification through SMG's program within 4 months from the end of the introductory period. Should you not achieve certification in the MA position, you may be subject to termination of employment. You will be contacted by Human Resources or Clinical Services, and also advised of your options regarding eligibility to apply for other non-MA certified positions within the company.
- 0 -- 1 years of experience.
- BLS certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Experience with patient care equipment preferred.