Radiation TherapistApply Job ID 10428041 Date posted 01/04/2019
Essential Job functions
- Verify patient consent is documented
- Prepare and position patients for simulation and treatment
- Create and manage simulation and verification images
- Document procedural timeout
- Perform daily warm up on all treatment equipment deliver the treatment as directed and prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist
- Keep accurate records of the treatment of each patient
- Observe radiation safety and protection procedures
- Apply principles of ALARA to minimize exposure to patient, self and others
- Monitor the patient visually and aurally during treatment
- Involvement with treatment planning, which includes the exact location of the tumor and optimal technique for treatment
- Achieves precision patient alignment using imaging and external markings
- Assist in the computer planning of the specific treatment plan
- Collaborates with radiation oncologists, medical physicists and medical dosimetrists to compensate for treatment inaccuracies; and reports deviations from the standard or planned treatment
General Job functions:
- Participate actively in both the quality assurance required by law and/or accreditation institutions, and in clinical quality improvement initiatives
- Work with IT Aria administrator to ensure automated billing system is optimized and assist in audits
Physical Job Requirements.
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Position based out of both Berkeley Heights and Florham Park offices
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed
- Willing to travel for vendor training, as needed