PhlebotomistApply Job ID 10154928 Date posted 12/06/2018
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a full time Phlebotomist for our FLorham park location. The Phlebotomist is responsible for:
- Uses appropriate aseptic technique to draw blood cultures.
- Processes Stat specimens according to SMG SOP.
- Prepares collection containers with appropriate preservatives for patients and gives instructions for proper collection of specimens at home (Urine & Stool). Properly measures and records a volume for a 24-hr collection.
- Properly collects a COC Urine Drug Screen.
- Properly administers and collects a H. pylori Breath test.
- Properly handles orders on minors.
- Uses the correct procedure for completing paperwork and labeling of specimen for OVH Blood Bank specimens.
- Processes satellite specimens and delivers them to the appropriate department.
- Monitors inventory levels and follows appropriate protocol for replenishing supplies in phlebotomy room and storage area.
- Deletes/cancels orders as necessary with full documentation of reason. Ensures proper patient charge deletion according to departmental policy.
- Recalls patients for follow-up procedures or error correction as required. Documents callbacks in the lab logbook.