PET-CT TechApply Job ID 10811579 Date posted 02/06/2019
Essential Job functions:
- Prepares and injects radiopharmaceuticals for diagnostic imaging procedures according to Nuclear Regulatory Commission and or State regulations and department policies.
- Measures concentrations of radioactive isotope in specific body areas to obtain information for use by the Radiologists in diagnosing patients' illness.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to perform all technical procedures in a timely, efficient manner.
- Screens patient before the procedure for any precautions or contraindications pertaining to the examination.
- Greets and identifies correct patient, provides a brief explanation of requested procedure to ensure patient care and patient's right to know.
- Exhibits excellent customer relations with patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers, community and referral sources.
- Employs proper aseptic techniques in IV insertion and administration. Administers fluorodioxyglucose (FDG) via intravenous methods to patients
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety related work behaviors to ensure safe job performance and the maintenance of a safe work environment as an integral part of the quality of patient care services.
- Produces quality diagnostic images for interpretation.
- Gives reports to physician for review/interpretation within the time frame specified by the department.
- Manages PET/CT schedule for best utilization of time, patient flow and patient needs.
- Performs CT examinations requiring sound understanding of anatomical positioning, human physiology, CT protocols, and equipment so that selection and modification of technical factors may produce optimum results.
- Performs daily/weekly quality assurance procedures, calibration and flood analysis on the equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines.
- Trouble shoots the scanner, peripheral equipment and reports problems to supervisor.
- Performs departmental surveys to ensure compliance with radiation standards for SMG, NRC, and EPA.
- Follows proper procedures for spill and decontamination, reports contamination to appropriate authorities and regulatory commissions.
- Orders and logs appropriate information regarding receipt of radioactive materials and pharmaceuticals and dispose of radioisotopes according to industry standards and regulations.
- Updates Nuclear Policies and Procedures to reflect current techniques and best practices.
- Maintains and updates accurate patient records within electronic health records. Archives images and documentation to PACS.
- Trains new staff and technologists when necessary.
- Familiar with location of emergency equipment and medications to assist in treatment of contrast reactions and other emergencies
- Familiar and able to use intravenous power injectors when necessary
General Job functions:
- Performs and records daily quality control procedures on specified equipment to ensure compliance with ACR, NJ State and Nuclear Regulatory guidelines.
- Performs general maintenance on PET/CT scanner.
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety-related work behaviors to ensure safe job performance and maintenance of safe work environment.
- Other duties as required. Dependent on schedule and staffing needs, may be requested to travel to other locations.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching