Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - ENT DepartmentApply Job ID 10273969 Date posted 12/18/2018
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a part time Patient Service Representative/Surgical Scheduler position in our Florham Park, NJ ENT office. This position is 30 hours per week and is benefits eligible. The position will be 4 days a week, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with Wednesday or Friday preferably being the day off. This position is responsible for:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of booking and scheduling inpatient, outpatient and special procedures.
- Arranges for specialty equipment/ services.
- Interacts with outside vendors / contracted services.
- Demonstrates understanding of submission of necessary documents for hospital.
- Verbalizes procedure for collection of pre-admission testing data.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of insurance and pre-certification requirements.
- Arranges types and distributes schedule.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Provides training to other office staff.
- Logs surgical procedures.
- Maintains scheduling system. Demonstrates working knowledge for rescheduling and canceling procedures.
- Verbalizes customer service skills to alleviate patient anxiety.
- Demonstrates customer service skills when communicating with peers.
- Collates and submits information.
- Communicates repair orders to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates good judgment in scheduling procedure to increase physician productivity.
- Demonstrates understanding of fire safety and emergency procedures.
- Other job duties as required.