Nuclear Medicine TechnologistApply Job ID 11794880 Date posted 05/07/2019
Prepares and injects radiopharmaceuticals for diagnostic imaging procedures according to Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations and department policies. Measures concentrations of radioactive isotope in specific body areas to obtain information for use by the Radiologists in diagnosing patients' illness. Performs cardiac nuclear studies including stress MUGA, Thallium and non-gated Technetium studies. Assists physician with procedures as required. Employs proper aseptic techniques in IV insertion and administration. Acquires clear images appropriate for the studies. Accurately gates the study when required. Performs departmental surveys to ensure compliance with radiation standards for SMG, NRC, and EPA.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- 0 -- 1 years experience. 2-4 years experience preferred.
- IV Certification required. ARRT and CMNT required.
- Ability to perform nuclear medicine procedures.
- Ability to prepare and inject radioactive isotopes
- Float Registered Nurse - Surgical Specialties United States - New Jersey
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Internal Medicine United States - New Jersey
- Registered Nurse - Office Supervisor OB/GYN United States - New Jersey
- Medical Assistant - Podiatry Department United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching