Multi-Modality TechApply Job ID 11841783 Date posted 05/10/2019
Essential Job functions:
- Assumes accountability for managing delivery of care and patient safety.
- Obtains and documents patient history and pertinent information. Assesses patients for potential risk factors.
- Ensures proper identification of patient and demographics in PACS.
- Clarifies / follows Doctor's orders and scans needed information in PACS.
- Completes work within an acceptable time frame.
- Produces quality diagnostic images for interpretation, such as positioning and technique
- Maintains x-ray room cleanliness after exam and procedure. Adheres to infection control standards specific to patient care.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and adjusts priorities based on changing situations.
- Maintains order and cleanliness in technologist work area.
- Consults and communicates with other departments in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety, health and moral needs of customers and co-workers.
- Plans delivery of care according to patient activity and staff competencies.
- Familiar with location of emergency equipment and medications to assist in treatment of contrast reactions and other emergencies.
- Prepares patients for procedures providing instructions to obtain desired results, cooperation and to minimize anxiety.
- Operates CR / Digital X-ray system and imaging equipment properly, safely and in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrates awareness of Radiation Safety procedures for self and others.
- Replenishes and changes supplies in assigned area as needed.
- Ensures equipment is in acceptable condition by conducting routine quality control checks. Follows department standards for reporting equipment malfunctions or problems.
- Assists Radiologist in performing fluoroscopic procedures.
- Accurately prepares and assists in the administration of contrast materials. (IV and or oral).
- Cancels and reschedules patient appointments as needed.
- Processes self pay patients according to departmental procedure.
- Verifies exams in the PACS system.
General Job functions:
- Ability to perform procedures in the operating room/ ASC dept.
- Ability to use C-Arm equipment in the ASC department.
- Assists Physician/Surgeon with the C-Arm used in the ASC department.
- Ensures C-Arm equipment is in acceptable condition by conducting routine quality control checks.
- Maintains cleanliness of C-Arm equipment.
- Demonstrates understanding and awareness of safety and radiation protection in the ASC department.
- Follows / adheres to sterile procedures in the ASC department
- Verifies ASC C-Arm study order when necessary.
- Produces quality mammography images for interpretation
- Educates and explains mammography procedures to patient. Modifies approach based on needs and developmental level of patient.
- Obtains and documents patient history and pertinent information. Updates all necessary information in the OMNICARE database
- Operates mammography equipment properly and safely
- Follows regulatory guidelines and performs QA/QC as mandated by ACR/MQSA
- Performs MRI examinations requiring sound understanding of anatomical positioning, human physiology, MRI protocols, and equipment/coils, so that selection and modification of technical factors may produce optimum results.
- Demonstrates awareness of MRI safety and procedures. Exercises proper precautions to insure safety of patients, general public, staff and self, while performing duties.
- Performs CT examinations requiring understanding of anatomical positioning, human physiology, CT protocols, and equipment, so that selection and modification of technical factors may produce optimum results.
- Educates and explains CT procedures to patient. Assumes accountability for managing delivery of care and patient safety.
- Follows CT protocols for Coronary CTAs. Ability to navigate and or operate the Vitrea workstation.
- Assesses patient for potential risks or contraindication to the IV contrast.
- Performs Bone Density examinations requiring sound understanding of anatomical positioning and physiology to produce optimum results.
- Follows departmental protocols for Bone Density procedures. Completes all necessary forms and documentation, unless specified otherwise by Dr. Rosenbaum.
- Implements and oversees daily, monthly, semi-annual, and annual Quality Control, as mandated by the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Ensures all referring Physicians receive Bone Density final reports.
- Include as a bullet and other job duties as required.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching