Interventional Radiology Tech (Per Diem)Apply Job ID 8311210 Date posted 06/07/2018
Essential Job functions:
- Assumes accountability for managing delivery of care and patient safety. Answers questions and addresses patient concerns.
- Reviews patient's orders to determine materials / supplies needed
- Maintains order and cleanliness in technologist work area.
- Ability to use C-Arm equipment and able to assist Radiologist when requested.
- Maintains cleanliness of C-Arm equipment.
- Prepares patients for procedures providing instructions to obtain desired results, cooperation and to minimize anxiety.
- Conducts all necessary preparations of the patient procedure room and documents when appropriate.
- Operates ceiling mounted C-Arm / Digital X-ray system and imaging equipment properly, safely and in an efficient manner.
- Obtains and documents patient history and pertinent information. Assesses patients for potential risk factors.
- Ensures proper identification of patient and demographics in PACS.
- Clarifies / follows Provider's orders and scans needed information in PACS.
- Completes procedures within an acceptable time frame.
- Produces quality diagnostic images for interpretation, such as positioning and technique.
- Maintains Intervention Radiology department cleanliness after exam and procedure.
- Adheres to infection control standards specific to patient care.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and adjusts priorities based on changing situations.
- Consults and communicates with other departments in a professional manner.
- Plans delivery of care according to patient activity and staff competencies.
- Familiar with location of emergency equipment and medications to assist in treatment of contrast reactions and other emergencies.
- Demonstrates awareness of Radiation Safety procedures for self and others.
- Assists with implementing Summit Medical Group quality goals and facility specific action plans to achieve SMG quality standards.
- Accurately prepares and assists in the administration of contrast materials. (IV and or oral)
- Ensures all facility equipment and instruments are in proper working condition by inspecting equipment daily before and after procedures.
- Follows department standards for reporting equipment malfunctions or problems.
- Follows / adheres to sterile procedures in the Intervention Radiology department
- Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in compliance with Summit Medical Group policies and procedures.
- Maintains integrity of medical records.
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently utilizes supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
General Job functions:
- Provides leadership and support for the department; serves as a consultant to staff; assists in interpreting policies and procedures for staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, delegates and assures the welfare of the patients and staff.
- Assists department supervisor with technical staff to provide adequate department coverage when requested.
- Assists department supervisor with monthly staff schedules as needed.
- Maintains equipment records and makes recommendations for replacement of outdated or poorly functioning equipment.
- Assists in training and orienting new employees on the equipment.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety, health and moral needs of customers and co-workers.
- Verifies exams in the PACS.
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
- Ensures patient billing is accurate and timely by reviewing all procedures, documenting patient equipment charges and verifying CPT and ICD 10 codes are correct.
- Assists with maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics. Ensures all areas are clean, sanitary and safe daily.
- Assists with disposal of hazardous waste materials and dirty linen as needed.
- Makes recommendations regarding replacement of equipment and repairs.
- Print images, create / import CDs when requested.
- Implements and oversees daily, monthly, semi-annual, and annual Quality Control, as mandated by the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Demonstrates understanding and awareness of safety and radiation protection in the Intervention Radiology department.
- Cancels and reschedules patient appointments as needed.
- Replenishes and changes supplies in assigned area as needed.
Physical Job Requirements:
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and to perform patient transfers and positioning of patients.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Must be able to stand in a radiation protection lead apron for up to 45-60 minutes.
- Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Surgical Scheduler/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - Plastic Surgery Department United States - New Jersey
- Medical Assistant / Patient Service Representative - Urology United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching