Interventional Radiology Scheduler (Per Diem)Apply Job ID 8311208 Date posted 06/07/2018
Essential Job functions:
- Schedules Interventional admissions.
- Coordinates required testing prior to admission and ensures all information and consents are on site for patient's admission/procedure.
- Logs Interventional procedures.
- Maintains scheduling system. Screens scheduling requests for approved procedures at the IR Department.
- Arranges and distributes schedule.
- Collates and submits information.
- Arranges for specialty equipment/ services.
- Interacts with outside vendors / contracted services.
- Updates and maintains blocked time templates.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Provides training to other office staff.
- Communicates problems to Nurse/Physician/Clinical Coordinator
General Job functions:
- Demonstrates working knowledge for rescheduling and canceling procedures. Demonstrates a working knowledge of booking and scheduling patients.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of insurance and pre-certification requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of submission of necessary documents for Interventional Radiology Department.
- Verbalizes procedure for collection of pre-admission testing data.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information in accordance with HIPPA and other governance as required.
- Demonstrates safe work habits with a concern for patients and staff.
- Participates in training as needed and attends staff meetings as required.
- Attends to personal phone calls and other personal matters during break.
- Other job duties as required.
- Promotes a good image of the center to the patients, visitors and others. Demonstrates good customer service skills when communicating with peers, patients and visitors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in scheduling procedure to increase physician productivity.
- Demonstrates understanding of fire safety procedure. Maintains knowledge of the center's emergency preparedness procedures.
- Acts as a receptionist and performs secretarial functions as requested.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching.
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Surgical Scheduler/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - Plastic Surgery Department United States - New Jersey
- Medical Assistant / Patient Service Representative - Urology United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching