Genetic CounselorApply Job ID 9556149 Date posted 10/05/2018
Essential Job functions :
- Create, develop and implement specialized clinical practice in the specific area of clinical genetics.
- Work independently and function as part of a medical genetics team under the supervision of a medical geneticist.
- Gather and review pertinent medical records and preparation for clinic visit.
- Take a family pedigree and medical history and interpretation of same.
- Participate in clinical evaluation of patient.
- Provide information about the medical genetic diagnosis, etiology, inheritance patterns, and risk of occurrence and reoccurrence.
- Provide information about available reproductive options and prenatal diagnosis where appropriate.
- Prepare case summaries and genetic counseling letter.
- Coordinate scheduling of appointments for general, specialty and outreach genetics clinics.
- Train and supervise graduate genetic counseling students in their clinical experiences.
- Advise and consult with local and national lay organizations and community support groups through participation on boards, advisory councils and national meetings.
- Conduct research in the field of genetic counseling.
- Other job duties as required
Will consider filling this position Full Time, Part Time or Per Diem
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- Master's degree required.
- 2-4 years experience required.
- American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG) certification required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Strong Psychological Counseling Skills required.
- Strong Multi - tasking, organizing & priority setting skills required.
- Ability to work in a complex, emotional and stressful environment required.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment.
- Registered Nurse - Float - OB/GYN - Part Time United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative - Urgent Care Center United States - New Jersey
- ORTHOPEDICS - TOTAL JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGEON United States - New Jersey
- Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching