Genetic CounselorApply Job ID 9556149 Date posted 10/05/2018
Essential Job functions :
- Create, develop and implement specialized clinical practice in the specific area of clinical genetics.
- Work independently and function as part of a medical genetics team under the supervision of a medical geneticist.
- Gather and review pertinent medical records and preparation for clinic visit.
- Take a family pedigree and medical history and interpretation of same.
- Participate in clinical evaluation of patient.
- Provide information about the medical genetic diagnosis, etiology, inheritance patterns, and risk of occurrence and reoccurrence.
- Provide information about available reproductive options and prenatal diagnosis where appropriate.
- Prepare case summaries and genetic counseling letter.
- Coordinate scheduling of appointments for general, specialty and outreach genetics clinics.
- Train and supervise graduate genetic counseling students in their clinical experiences.
- Advise and consult with local and national lay organizations and community support groups through participation on boards, advisory councils and national meetings.
- Conduct research in the field of genetic counseling.
- Other job duties as required
Will consider filling this position Full Time, Part Time or Per Diem
- Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Surgical Scheduler/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - Plastic Surgery Department United States - New Jersey
- Medical Assistant / Patient Service Representative - Urology United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching