Customer Care Rep - SchedulingApply Job ID 10819995 Date posted 02/07/2019
Essential Job functions:
- Answers telephone, schedules and reschedules all radiology exams as requested and in accordance to department protocol, advising patients of pre-exam prep, if needed.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information; maintains confidentiality according to policies:
- patient demographics
- pre-registration of patients
- insurance contracts and coverage
- other data fields as needed
- Ensures accuracy in placing orders in the electronic health record.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the insurance grid for all services performed
- Adheres to workforce maximization schedule.
- Answers phones immediately and demonstrates ability to transfer calls with the highest customer service possible. Consistently provides the highest level of customer service when interfacing with patients, co-workers and other SMG departments.
- Achieves a minimum of 11 calls per hour average. Maintain 90% or higher call quality threshold
- Works as a team member demonstrating respect of the individuals, supportive and helpful towards co-workers and physicians.
- Maintains a clean and professional work environment.
- Establish and maintains a positive working environment at all times -- acts as a brand ambassador for all SMG providers and services.
General Job functions:
- Responsible for scheduling patient appointments in multi-modality, multi-location environment.
- Accurately recommends earliest availability to patients, amongst five main imaging hubs, following scheduling criteria for each modality
- Responsible to identify and coordinate the required medical test prior to seeing a physician for a physical examination or to bring a patient in fasting.
- Creates patient orders in the electronic health record with correct diagnostic codes for physician's review for imaging testing.
- Adheres to all Summit Medical Group policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Attendance & Tardiness (HR-102), Meal and Other Breaks Policy (HR-108), Standards of Conduct (HR-116), Working Hours and Overtime (HR-109)
- Must be able to identify WC/MVA insurance cases for referral to a case coordinator.
- Perform patient account upgrades including demographics, health insurance, referring provider and PCP.
- Must be knowledgeable and conversational in all health insurances that are par or non-par with SMG.
- Adheres to the call center schedule while being accountable to follow specific call quality guidelines and measurements.
- Reviews any outstanding monies due to SMG when scheduling appointments.
- Must be comfortable with daily extensive computer use navigating multiple applications while engaging in conversations with patients or clinical office staff.
- Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Surgical Scheduler/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - Plastic Surgery Department United States - New Jersey
- Medical Assistant / Patient Service Representative - Urology United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching