PSR - Surgical Scheduler OrthopedicsApply Job ID 15479560 Date posted 02/25/2020
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a full time PSR/Surgical Scheduler in our busy Orthopedics office located in Denville, NJ. The PSR/Surgical Scheduler is responsible for:
- Responsible for greeting patients/family, scheduling patient appointments, scheduling hospital and ambulatory admissions/procedures. Ensure appropriate action was taken in a timely manner.
- Answer the telephone promptly and dealing with callers needs expediously. Directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual. Demonstrates appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Schedules future appointments, tests, and completes referrals as ordered by the physician.
- Maintains communication resources, i.e. on-call schedule, MD phone numbers and beeper numbers.
- Prepares charts for new patients assuring all required forms are placed appropriately in the chart. Converts from temporary to permanent record before close of the day.
- Requests medical records and performs chart preparation to provide physician with all information needed for visit prior to the actual exam, evaluation, procedure, or treatment. Prints minimal medical records information needed from electronic record if chart is not available
- Reconciles encounters daily according to policy and guidelines.
- Monitors supply inventory, completes and directs requisitions for supplies, forms, equipment or services.
- Performs various clerical duties including faxing, photocopying, filing and mailings.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information; maintains confidentiality according to policies
- Accurately completes any/all necessary forms for the patients.
- High School Graduate or GED required. Associate Degree preferred.
- Previous PSR experience preferred. Previous office experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have accurate computer data entry skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Basic proficiency in computer use required. Previous experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching