Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.
RN Office Supervisor - Plastic SurgeryApply Now Job ID PLAS3619 Job Type Full Time - Permanent Department PLASTIC SURGERY-240 Home Department Plastics-BH-DH-SSK240100
Summit Medical Group is looking for an RN Office Supervisor to join our Plastic Surgery Department. This position will be based in our Berkeley Heights, NJ campus but would also need to go to the Morristown and Livingston locations. The RN Office Supervisor is responsible for:
- Under the supervision of the Clinical Practice Manager, is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating daily operations to ensure quality patient care.
- Be the liaison between the Physician and staff.
- Provides leadership and support in day to day operations within the clinical setting along with the Pod Liaison, Clinical Coordinator/ Clinical Practice Manager. Serves as a role model and consultant for staff.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator/Clinical Practice Manager, ensures policies and procedures are properly communicated and adhered to. Ensures staff members are competent in emergency protocol and procedures.
- Completes and populates Physician and staff monthly schedules. Maintains the automated schedule. Manage staff PTO requests. Identifies staffing needs in advance, assists in utilizing resources effectively.
- Monitors and controls overtime use. Manages weekly staff swipe reports.
- Coordinates and assists with training, monitoring, and evaluation of staff. Plans and assists in the hiring and orientation of new office staff.
- Delivers direct patient care within the scope of licensure and in accordance with SMG policy.
- Prioritizes patient care by implementing physician orders and nursing procedures.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Office Supervisor/Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Appropriately adheres to universal safety precautions when administering medications and disposal of medical waste.
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
- Other duties as required.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- New Jersey State Nursing License and BLS certification required.
- 2-4 years related work experience.
- Valid Drivers license and Auto Insurance.
- Knowledge of current nursing practices and protocols.
- Previous experience working directly with physicians required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform diverse work assignments with time limitations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use problem solving, critical thinking and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.