RN Office Supervisor - Orthopedics DepartmentApply Job ID 9947049 Date posted 11/12/2018
This is a full time opening for an RN Office Supervisor to cover our Berkeley Heights and Westfield Orthopedic offices. The RN Office Supervisor is responsible for:
- Under the supervision of the Clinical Practice Manager, is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating daily operations to ensure quality patient care.
- Be the liaison between the Physician and staff
- Provides leadership and support in day to day operations within the clinical setting along with the Pod Liaison, Clinical Coordinator/ Clinical Practice Manager. Serves as a role model and consultant for staff
- In collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator/Clinical Practice Manager, ensures policies and procedures are properly communicated and adhered to.
- Ensures staff members are competent in emergency protocol and procedures.
- Completes and populates Physician and staff monthly schedules
- Maintains the automated schedule. Manage staff PTO requests
- Identifies staffing needs in advance, assists in utilizing resources effectively
- Monitors and controls overtime use. Manages weekly staff swipe reports
- Coordinates and assists with training, monitoring, and evaluation of staff. Plans and assists in the hiring and orientation of new office staff.
- In collaboration with Clinical Coordinator/Clinical Practice Manager, evaluates clinical staff according to SMG policy and provides ongoing feedback.
- Conducts an annual performance evaluation including obtaining physician input on each staff member of the department
- Works with QI/Practice Transformation and Clinical Practice Manager to implement and create action plans for SMG clinical quality improvement process at the POD level. Monitors all Quality dashboards
- Monitors departmental compliance with all applicable standards (OSHA, HIPPA, Occurrence Reporting); reports compliance concerns; ensures utilization of resources for resolution of issues
- In collaboration with Practice Transformation Department, advances the department's technology including the use of the information technology and the implementation and appropriate use of the Electronic Medical Record, Practice Management System, Departmental /Ancillary systems
- Serves as liaison between Care Management and Care Coordination in support of Meaningful Use which includes but not limited to; Documentation of Information obtained during visit, Vitals, Smoking, Demographic, Patient Outreach, 21 day overdue work list, Pre-visit Planning, Outreach for Screening, Referral Tracking, Clinical Summaries and patient education material as well as Patient Portal communications.