Patient Service RepresentativeApply Job ID 11170355 Date posted 03/12/2019
Essential Job functions:
- Greets visitors, patients, and families in a friendly professional manner and directs them appropriately.
- Maintains an efficient patient flow through the registration process and provides excellent customer service to patients/families.
- Promptly answers the telephone, directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual/demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Informs patients of delay in physician schedules, assists with patient comfort while delayed.
- Posts all self pay charges, collects payments, and provides patient with receipt. Accurately reconciles daily payments. Reconciles billing slips to daily schedule.
- Opens and closes batches properly, accurately reconciles collections, prepares deposits and documents corrections.
- Scans the insurance card, processes insurance verifications utilizing the on-line system, and updates the patient account. Updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Schedules appointments accurately according to department guidelines; using waitlist when applicable. Confirms future appointments as needed. Review Eligibility and Phone report.
- Schedules and enters orders for diagnostic tests, and procedures, following all appropriate workflows.
- Works cooperatively with Patient Care Resources and clinical staff to ensure timely pre-authorizations.
- Completes referrals according to departmental guidelines and properly enters into the appropriate system.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns, or issues to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately and promptly.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching