Patient Service Representative - Pulmonary OfficeApply Job ID 10374481 Date posted 12/27/2018
- Greets visitors, patients, and families in a friendly professional manner and directs them appropriately.
- Maintains an efficient patient flow through the registration process and provides excellent customer service to patients/families.
- Promptly answers the telephone, directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual/demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Informs patients of delay in physician schedules, assists with patient comfort while delayed.
Posts all self pay charges, collects payments, and provides patient with receipt. Accurately reconciles daily payments. Reconciles billing slips to daily schedule.
- Opens and closes batches properly, accurately reconciles collections, prepares deposits and documents corrections.
- Scans the insurance card, processes insurance verifications utilizing the on-line system, and updates the patient account. Updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Schedules appointments accurately according to department guidelines; using waitlist when applicable. Confirms future appointments as needed. Review Eligibility and Phone report.
Schedules and enters orders for diagnostic tests, and procedures, following all appropriate workflows.
- Works cooperatively with Patient Care Resources and clinical staff to ensure timely pre-authorizations.
- Completes referrals according to departmental guidelines and properly enters into the appropriate system.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns, or issues to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately and promptly.