Pathology Specimen Processing TechnicianApply Job ID 10060715 Date posted 11/28/2018
We are hiring for a Part Time with afternoon/evening hours Pathology Specimen Processing Technician for our Lab in Berkeley Heights. The Pathology Specimen Processing Tech is responsible for:
- Accessions accurately for patient specimens as requested.
- Organizes work to maintain efficient workflow for the section.
- Meets acceptable turnaround time and productivity standard for section.
- Recognizes processing errors/discrepancies or problems and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Assists in the resolution of processing errors, discrepancies, inquiries or problems.
- Evaluates specimens and test orders for acceptability and determines rejections according to established guidelines.
- Labels specimens properly, aliquots samples as required, and obtains/distributes to proper department.
- Prepares specimens for analysis according to established procedures for each specimen type.
- Follows standard operating procedures for all specimens processing.
- Produces legible records throughout the department. Ensures that records are accurate and complete.
- Ensures that records are accurate and complete.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the hospital and laboratory information systems and their applications to all aspects of the job.
- Operates all instruments/ equipment according to accepted written procedures.
- Resolves instruments/ equipment problems or contacts appropriate technical service.
- Phlebotomist United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - ENT Department United States - New Jersey
- Registered Nurse - Float - Pediatrics United States - New Jersey
- CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST - CRNA United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching