Part Time - Grossing TechApply Job ID 10654978 Date posted 01/23/2019
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a Part Time Grossing Tech to join out Pathology Lab in Berkeley Heights, NJ. This poisition will work on Saturday and Sunday. The Grossing Tech is responsible for:
- Embeds, cuts, stains and performs other tasks required to process tissue in the Histology lab.
- Performs necessary tests for each sample as required. Follows standard operating procedures for all testing.
- Performs accurate gross description on tissue samples.
- Operates all instruments/equipment according to accepted written procedures.
- Registers and processes cases in the LIS; prints worksheets and labels.
- Meets acceptable turnaround time and productivity standards for the section.
- Recognizes testing errors/discrepancies or problems and notifies appropriate personnel; assists in problem resolution.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the LIS and its application to all aspects of job related functions.
- Recognizes and resolves computer problems. Recognizes and resolves other problems or inconsistencies.
- Ensures that records are accurate, complete, legible, and appropriately filed and stored.
- Operates all instruments/ equipment according to accepted written procedures.
- Recognizes and identifies instrument/ equipment problems.
- Resolves instrument/ equipment problems or contacts appropriate technical service.
- Performs and documents all routine and non-routine maintenance according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly workplace including instrument and general laboratory equipment.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching