Medical Technologist - Per DiemApply Job ID 10060716 Date posted 11/28/2018
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a Per Diem Medical Technologist to join our Pathology Lab. The Medical Technologist is responsible for:
- Demonstrates & documents competencies annually based on testing performed in the laboratory.
- Processes/evaluates patient specimens in accordance to SOP, including reference lab specimens. Resolves issues with specimens that are time/temperature sensitive.
- Performs daily temperature and humidity checks for room, refrigerators, freezers, incubators, and/or water baths.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance following manufacturer's specifications (including startup and shut down) and documents appropriately.
- Corrects basic instrument malfunctions and documents them. Communicates instrumentation status to appropriate staff members and notifies vendor to schedule service calls.
- Performs instrument calibrations following manufacturer's specifications.
- Utilizes standard quality control practices in decision making to ensure reliable testing and proper regulatory compliance.
- Performs proficiency testing in a manner and time frame that is consistent with good laboratory practice. Receives >=80% on all graded proficiencies.
- Performs and approves specimen testing using sound judgment and evaluation. Releases results in accordance with departmental policy.
- Performs Stat and routine orders within established time frames.
- Communicates and logs critical values according to SOP.
- Monitors inventory levels, prepares order, and has supervisor sign off on order. Anticipate shortages and prepares for absence during vacation or days off.
- Demonstrates competence by utilizing LIS for all applicable functions to perform job duties, including downtime procedures.
- Maintains laboratory area in an orderly fashion, free of unnecessary clutter. Keeps area stocked with supplies.
- Takes appropriate action to resolve issues regarding problem specimens/orders.
- Adapts work schedule to meet emergency staffing needs.
- Phlebotomist United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - ENT Department United States - New Jersey
- Registered Nurse - Float - Pediatrics United States - New Jersey
- CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST - CRNA United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching