Medical Assistant - Spine SurgeryApply Job ID 9924834 Date posted 11/08/2018
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a full time Medical Assistant to join our Neurosurgery/ Spine Surgery office located in Berkeley Heights, NJ. This position is responsible for:
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Reviews and updates medication list and accurately documents known allergies in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Demonstrates an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures.
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching