Medical Assistant/Opthalmology TechApply Job ID 10485438 Date posted 01/09/2019
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a full time Medical Assistant/ Opthalmology Tech role. This role will handle the durties of a Medical Assistant as well as assisting with the testing in the office. The Opthalmology Tech is responsible for:
- Responsible for assisting with patient visits, scheduling appointments/Diagnostic procedures, maintaining the equipment and instruments and ordering supplies.
- Performs analyses of patient, glasses on Lensometer, documents vision test, and performs Visual Fields, HRT, and all other tests as ordered by the physician and contact lens lessons.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Cleans and/or sterilizes equipment and instruments.
- Prepares the examination room, escorts patients into room and cleans room when exam is complete.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to department guidelines.
- Completes referrals according to departmental guidelines.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of tasking in Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Performs appropriate chart prep.
- Communicates to Supervisor appropriately and promptly.
- Reconciles encounters daily according to policy and guidelines.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner, directs call and takes accurate messages.
- Confirms future appointments as needed. Reconciles Televox cancellation list.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Submits detailed accurate records and payments to the accounting department daily.
- Accurately documents allergies and reconciles medication list in EHR.