Medical Assistant - Internal MedicineApply Job ID 11024020 Date posted 02/26/2019
The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for assisting physician, PA or NP with clerical duties, patient flow, patient care and procedures.
Essential Job functions:
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining of all supplies as assigned.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Understands and performs within scope of practice.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Reviews and updates medication list and accurately documents known allergies in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Demonstrates an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures.
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.
- Appropriately enters orders and schedules appointments in the Practice Management System (PMS) and EHR.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Appropriately adheres to universal safety precautions when administering medications and disposal of medical waste.
- Maintains proficiency with department specific equipment, troubleshoots and reports malfunctions promptly
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.
- All other duties as assigned
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
- Provide scribing services.
- Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Surgical Scheduler/Patient Service Representative - Breast Care Center United States - New Jersey
- Patient Service Representative/ Surgical Scheduler - Plastic Surgery Department United States - New Jersey
- Medical Assistant / Patient Service Representative - Urology United States - New Jersey
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching