Histology Technician - Per DiemApply Job ID 10415238 Date posted 01/03/2019
We have an opening for a Per Diem Histology Technician. This position will be based in our Berkeley Heights Lab. The Histology Tech is responsible for:
- Embeds, cuts, stains and performs other tasks required to process tissue in the Histology lab
- Performs necessary tests for each sample as required. Follows standard operating procedures for all testing.
- Performs accurate gross description on tissue samples
- Operates all instruments/equipment according to accepted written procedures
- Registers and processes cases in the LIS; prints worksheets and labels
- Meets acceptable turnaround time and productivity standards for the section
- Recognizes testing errors/discrepancies or problems and notifies appropriate personnel; assists in problem resolution
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the LIS and its application to all aspects of job related functions.
- Recognizes and resolves computer problems. Recognizes and resolves other problems or inconsistencies
- Ensures that records are accurate, complete, legible, and appropriately filed and stored
- Operates all instruments/ equipment according to accepted written procedures
- Recognizes and identifies instrument/ equipment problems
- Resolves instrument/ equipment problems or contacts appropriate technical service
- Performs and documents all routine and non-routine maintenance according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly workplace including instrument and general laboratory equipment.