GI Endoscopy TechApply Job ID 10415240 Date posted 01/03/2019
- Clean, disinfect, endoscopic scopes and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards
- Maintain endoscopic equipment, let someone know when something needs to be sent out for repair.
- Perform safety checks to verify proper equipment functioning
- Maintain inventories of endoscopic equipment and supplies
- Ensure appropriate and safe storage of endoscopic scopes and associated equipment
- Notify lead technician of any deficit in appropriate stock related to endoscopy equipment
- Conduct weekly maintenance of the endoscopy washer/disinfectors and maintenance of drying cabinets
- Maintain legible and accurate records of all endoscopes processed and used in order that an audit trail (tracking and tracing) for each endoscopic procedure is maintained.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Assist physician in the endoscopic procedure.
- Prepare rooms according to endoscopic procedure requirements.
- Attend in service training to validate or refresh basic professional skills.