Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.
Float Patient Service Representative - Urgent Care CenterApply Now Job ID UCC4098 Job Type Full Time - Permanent Department URGENT CARE-931 Home Department UCC-BH-Diamond Hill-SSK931100
This is a full time Float Patient Service Representative role for our Urgent Care Centers. This position will be required to work in our Berkeley Heights, Florham Park, Livingston and Westfield Urgent Care Centers as needed. This position can include evening, weekend and holiday hours. The Patient Service Representative is responsible for:
- Greets visitors, patients, and families in a friendly professional manner and directs them appropriately.
- Maintains an efficient patient flow through the registration process and provides excellent customer service to patients/families.
- Promptly answers the telephone, directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual/demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Informs patients of delay in physician schedules, assists with patient comfort while delayed.
- Posts all self pay charges, collects payments, and provides patient with receipt. Accurately reconciles daily payments. Reconciles billing slips to daily schedule.
- Opens and closes batches properly, accurately reconciles collections, prepares deposits and documents corrections.
- Scans the insurance card, processes insurance verifications utilizing the on-line system, and updates the patient account. Updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Schedules appointments accurately according to department guidelines; using waitlist when applicable. Confirms future appointments as needed.Review Eligibility and Phone report.
- Schedules and enters orders for diagnostic tests, and procedures, following all appropriate workflows.
- Works cooperatively with Patient Care Resources and clinical staff to ensure timely pre-authorizations.
- Completes referrals according to departmental guidelines and properly enters into the appropriate system.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns, or issues to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately and promptly.
- High School Graduate or GED required. Associate Degree preferred.
- Heartsaver within 30 days of hire.
- Previous PSR experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Basic proficiency in computer use required. Previous experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.