APN-Primary CareApply Job ID 8716990 Date posted 07/18/2018
Summit Medical Group, a for-profit physician-owned and governed multispecialty medical group founded in 1929 is the premier multi-specialty group practice in New Jersey. SMG's group-practice model is enduring, efficient and the ideal approach for delivering state-of-the-art, compassionate, optimal and convenient care to patients throughout the New Jersey/New York metropolitan area.
Summit Medical Group, is seeking a NJ licensed Advanced Practice Nurse to perform clinical inbox management for physician.
We possess an outstanding 80+ year history, a reputation as a leading healthcare provider in New Jersey, and are dedicated to quality healthcare and high patient satisfaction.
General Job Functions:
- Review patient cases for acute complaints absence of physician/APC and determine of patient should be seen or if complaint can be addressed over the phone.
- Prescribe appropriate medication and treatment for children and adults.
- Refer to specialist when appropriate.
- Arrange emergent follow up care if warranted in absence of primary care provider.
- Completion of any appropriate forms in absence of physician/APC.
- Refill pharmacy requests and review chart notes as needed.
- Review signs and send dictated note to physician for co-sign in a timely manner.
- Contact patient via phone or portal or make arrangements for appropriate staff to contact patient to review all labs/testing, discuss treatment plan and order additional testing according to department guidelines.
- Documentation of all patient encounters including office visits and telephone conversations in the EHR.
- Assume accountability for the quality of care, which he/she has delivered including maintaining standard precautions.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a dynamic working environment.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching