APN - GERIATRICSApply Job ID 10078711 Date posted 11/29/2018
Summit Medical Group, a for-profit physician-owned and governed multispecialty medical group founded in 1929 is the premier multi-specialty group practice in New Jersey. SMG's group-practice model is enduring, efficient and the ideal approach for delivering state-of-the-art, compassionate, optimal and convenient care to patients throughout the New Jersey/New York metropolitan area.
As we continue to expand our post-acute care service activities, we have an immediate need for a skilled APN to provide care and serve as a liaison to promote continuity of care across the care continuum.
Responsibilities will include:
- Obtaining detailed and accurate patient history
- Performing thorough assessments of patients within our geriatric practice
- Providing clinical care in several settings, predominantly skilled nursing facilities
- Same day documentation of all aspects of patient visits
- Initiating diagnostic procedures, ordering and interpreting lab, radiological, and other diagnostic studies
- Providing complex symptom management, including pain management
- Prescribing medications and controlled substances
- Ensuring accurate coding and billing of services
- Working with post-acute care team to effect quality improvement activities including service, financial and quality indicators
- Handling other related activities as necessary
We are a smoke-free environment. EOE M/F/D/V
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching