Physician Careers at Summit Medical Group Oregon – Bend memorial clinic (Bmc)
At Summit Medical Group Oregon – BMC, we believe we exist for our patients. This perspective sharpens our focus as we recruit and hire the best talent to help us bring this goal to reality for every patient we serve!
Advanced Practice Clinician - Medical Weightloss and Internal MedicineApply Job ID 15973133 Date posted 04/15/2020
Summary: The Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) will be responsible for providing medical services, including initial and follow-up assessments and evaluations, prescribing protocol medications/management modalities, and ordering follow-up services.
Successful candidates for the APC position must be licensed to practice as either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in Oregon. Someone with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills would be a good fit for this dynamic healthcare role. Reports directly to the manager of the department.
- Practice of medicine within the scope of license, training, credentialing and within current standard of care
- Provide high-quality health care through direct assessment, diagnosis, and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for patients with common, acute and chronic illnesses and injuries (may include performing histories and physicals; ordering, interpreting, and following up on diagnostic studies; ordering medications; assisting with surgery; performing minor surgery; rounding on patients; and assuming on-call responsibilities)
- Refer patients for specialty consultation or difficult problems, and screen incoming department referrals, as appropriate
- Document all care in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards and in accordance with BMC documentation standards
- Maintain and submit accurate records for billing purposes on a daily basis
- Provide all medical care in accordance with accepted practice standards, BMC standards and protocols (including supervision by a physician, if applicable ), and state licensing guidelines
- Promote and adhere to Physician Compact
- Demonstrate first-rate bedside manner and effective patient communication and education
- Participate in administrative, quality assurance, provider and other clinical meetings as required
- Provide in-service training and oversight of NP/PA/MD students, if applicable. Assist in job shadow and orientation process of new staff when requested
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested
- Perform other duties as requested
Education and/or Experience:
Requirements of the APC include:
- Graduate of accredited PA or NP training program (both provide master's or equivalent degrees) and equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough and working knowledge of all common diseases in specialty field; familiarity with less common diseases.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and effectively treat common medical diseases and injuries.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Ability to utilize necessary software programs, such as electronic health record programs and voice recognition programs.
- Important to know limitations and when to refer patients.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see appropriate volume of patients as defined by the department, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
- Minor surgery or surgical assist skills, as appropriate.
- Commitment to quality, teamwork, trust and accountability as outlined in Physician Compact.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Oregon state medical license required or able to be obtained within 2 months of offer of employment.
- National certification meeting local, state and federal credentialing requirements at time of offer of employment.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
- Current and unrestricted DEA certification.
- Current BLS, ACLS or ATLS as required by department.
- Other appropriate certifications and licensure to obtain privileges at local hospital or surgery center, as required to perform job duties.
- Physician - Pediatrics United States - Oregon
- Physician - Internal Medicine United States - Oregon
- Advanced Practice Clinician - Medical Weightloss and Internal Medicine United States - Oregon
- Advanced Practice Clinician - Urology United States - Oregon
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching